Monday 8 October 2012

Jokes - "Funny Things We See – The Brain is booting!

Folks! When you fall asleep; it’s like when a computer or phone is put off. When you wake up; it’s like when a computer or phone is put back on. It will take a while to boot. While booting, d system can’t work effectively. Likewise, when we wake up from sleep, it will take a while for our brains to boot. For some their brains boot faster than others. It also depends on how u woke up: suddenly or gradually. The slower you wake up, the more efficient the booting. Allow me cite some funny experiences. Please, no offense intended. ‘Na joke o!’

Fire: There was this single bachelor (forgive my language, repetition for emphasis) who was living alone in an apartment building that has many rooms and co-tenants. Each room is a self-contained accommodation. One day, this guy got back from work tired, exhausted and hungry. He went into d kitchen to make himself dinner. While waiting for the food to be cooked, he decided to lie down on his bed for a while. That was how he fell asleep with his food on fire. Soon the food was burning and d whole room was enveloped with smoke. The smoke woke him up too suddenly. See what happened:
(Brain still booting) He said: What! What’s burning? Kor’kor’kor(coughing)
(Brain still booting) He opened his door and went outside. ‘Who is burning food at this time of the night?’ He went knocking the doors of his neighbours: ‘Who is cooking o? Something is burning.’
(Brain finished booting. He then remembered he was cooking before he slept) ‘What, My food!’ He then rushed back inside his room, entered his kitchen and quickly removed his pot of burnt offerings from the fire and put off his cooking appliance, saying to himself: ‘Thank God ooo! Na so person take dey die.’


Examinations! There was this university undergraduate (I nor call person name ooo) who was preparing for exams. A night to the exam, he studied late into the night. He slept very late (Brain was fagged out.) Exam was to start 8am. My guy woke up by 9am. Listen:

(Brain still booting) He stood up. ‘Waoh! I need to read for my exams tomorrow’ He carried his book and started reading. (His mates were almost half-way into d exams he was reading for)

(Brain still booting) ‘Uhmmm! Let me cram this area of concentration (AOC) that our lecturer gave us.

(Brain finished booting. He then remembered.) ‘O MY GOD! Today is d day of d exam. O mine. What! It’s 9:15am and exam ought to start by 8am. Oh no. Nooooooo!’

He then rushed to d exam hall. Don’t ask me how it ended. Just tell him, ‘Sorry o. e kpele oooooo.’

Thievery! One guy fell asleep after a marathon of hard work. While asleep someone broke into his apartment and made away with some of his valuables. Finally, he woke up.

(Brain is booting) ‘Whoa! I must have slept for hours.’ He said to himself. He then noticed his door was opened. ‘Oh, my door is open. I must have left it opened. Oh, I keep forgetting to lock my door. One day, thieves will come in and steal my things.’

(Brain is still booting) He went to the door to close it when he noticed that the lock was damaged. ‘Locks these days, they don’t last. I have to call a carpenter to fix it.’ He now saw a neighbour passing by: ‘Juliet, please do you know a carpenter around? The lock to my door is bad. I need a carpenter to fix it.’
Juliet answered: ‘There is a carpenter in the adjoining street.’
My guy: ‘Thanks, I’ll go and change so that I can go call him.’
He now entered his house.

(Brain finished booting and he came back to his full senses) While searching for what shirt to put on, he noticed something was not right. His things were scattered all over the place. He suddenly realized someone broke into his house to steal. ‘What! My phones! My Blackberry! My laptop! O my God. (With both hands on his head) Why? Why? Oh Why…….

Don’t ask me if he went for the Carpenter or the Police. Just tell him: ‘Sorry ooooooooooooooooooooo! Such is life o. As far as there is life, there is hope. It could have been worse!’

No comments: