Thursday 18 October 2012

Love in the Air!

The joy in my heart is visible
And my happiness palpable!
I reminisce with memories indelible
Of a friendship that blossomed to a love so adorable.
The hassles of life made it look unattainable
But you showed a resilience that's unassailable.
Oh, May your union be inviolable;
Baskets of blessings immeasurable!
And, May your nuptial knots be unbreakable,
Your vows irrevocable;
Your bond inseparable;
Your tender affections insatiable!
The tale of your love is ineffable;
The kind that the wisest sages found incomprehensible!
This moment earmarks the triumph of an incredible
Love fable
That makes the Canticles tenable.



It’s written with Heavenly inspiration:

‘There are three things
That are too amazing for me,
Four that I do not understand:
The way of an eagle in the sky
The way of a snake on a rock
The way of a ship on the high seas,
And the way of a man with a young woman’
[Proverbs. 30:18, 19 (NIV)]

Greetings as you walk down the aisle!

P.S This is a redacted version of a piece I wrote before. I’m posting this for you and you and you dear lovely friends, colleagues, old classmates and others who have the joys of saying ‘I do’ in the next few months. Even though I won’t be present in person and I can’t mention your names for sake of privacy, just so you know: I love you and you and you and may God bless your unions.

No comments: