Tuesday 21 May 2013

Just a thought – A concerned Patient!


A patient went to a hospital and spent so much time telling the doctor so many complaints. When he finished, he was expecting a long list of drugs. Alas, he got a few vitamins and pain relief drugs. He thought to himself: ‘These few drugs for all the complaints I made.’ Another day, he went to the same doctor and he had fewer and specific complaints. To his so surprise, the doctor wrote so many drugs for him. He was concerned. So, he went back to the doctor to complain:

Patient: Please, doctor last time I came, I gave you many complaints and yet you gave me a few drugs. Today, I had a few complaints and yet you gave me so many drugs. Why?

Doctor: Last time you came, you didn't know what was wrong with you and hence I didn't know what to write for you except a few vitamins. But today, you knew what was wrong and I knew what to treat you for.

Lesson: We often ask for help from ours who are in a position to help. There are times when we don’t know what we want but we ask anyway. Even when the other person wants to help, he/she is not clear on what to do to help. Before asking for help, it helps to have a grasp of what the problem is. Be clear in your mind what the problem is and what you need. Don’t just ask for the sake of asking. Even when we pray for God to help, we should be specific on what we want. It won’t make us get everything we want but it helps anyway.

No comments: