Monday 8 April 2013

Jokes – Akwa-Ibom man and his daughter (Warning: It’s just a joke! No more, no less)





There was this Akwa-Ibom man whose daughter traveled to the US some years back. The daughter was single when she left. He has been expecting the daughter to get married and settle down. No way! So, when the time came and the daughter arranged for him to visit the US, this issue was no. 1 on his agenda. When he got to his daughter’s home, he noticed one handsome young American man who always visits the daughter. He became hopeful. He then asked the daughter, ‘Who is this nice and handsome young man who comes visiting all the time?’

The daughter said, ‘He’s my good friend.’

Father: ‘Gbam! (Exclamation) That’s what I’m talking about! When is he coming to ask for your hand in marriage?’

Daughter: ‘No, dad! He’s just a friend.’

Father: ‘Well, that’s how all relationships start ‘na’?’

Daughter: ‘Father, you don’t understand?’

Father: ‘Understand what? Is he sick?’

Daughter: ‘No, he’s not sick. He’s gay!’

Father: ‘Gay what! I think he’s sick!’

Daughter: ‘Dad, no. That was the way he was born!’

Father: ‘Hmm… I’m telling you, he’s sick. Bring him to Akwa-Ibom and I tell you, within, one week, we shall find the cure.’

Daughter: ‘That’s who he is! He’s found himself and he’s come out of the closet.’

Father: ‘I’m telling you. Bring him to Akwa-Ibom. Within one week, he will change his name.’

Daughter: ‘Dad, you don’t understand. When I came to US, I realized that I’m not really into men. I like girls and I want to come out of the closet.’

Father: ‘Abomination! Please, stay in the closet and give me the keys. Let me throw the key in the ocean on my way back to Africa.’

Daughter: ‘Daddy, it’s who I am!’

Father: ‘O Abasi (God)… Adiaba, my daughter, after all the magic you performed in Akwa-Ibom, you’ve come to US to like girls. Who is deceiving you? Oh… oh… oh…’

Daughter: ‘Daddy, I was young then. I didn’t know who I was. But I've grown up. I’ve even changed my name.’

The father fainted!

No comments: