Thursday 17 January 2013

A Joke a day keeps the doctor away! (17-01-13)



Facebook-induced Marriage. Once upon a time, if a lady wants to encourage her ‘guy’ to step up (man up), she would drag him to attend her friends’ weddings! These days, no need for that: we have Facebook. Biodun loved Dupe but Biodun was not taking the relationship to the next level, I meant, ‘to the permanent site.’ Any time Biodun visits Dupe, Dupe will open her Facebook page. ‘My dear, look at these pictures. So lovely, that’s Mary and her husband. Mary and I were classmates in school. Oh, I love this one. Look at the ring, splendid.’
Another visit: ‘Come! Come. This is Sandra. She was in the same class with my baby sister. She just got married. Waoh!’
Another visit: ‘Come and look.’
‘Dupe, I brought you a present.’ Dupe hopes were up. Biodun then brought out a brand new Blackberry phone. ‘Oh, oh oh….’
‘You don’t like it?’
‘No, I like it. It’s very womanly.’
(In Dupe's mind: Ode(fool), Blackberry and engagement ring na de same thing?)

No comments: