Thursday 17 January 2013

Jokes in Pidgin English (14)


Naija Special English!

Let me start by saying this: I love Pidgin English. Growing up in the heart of South-South Nigeria, Pidgin is the first language you learn. When I speak the language home and away, I always feel at home and I tend to say too much as a result. I know some friends who can't speak or understand, not d least, read Pidgin English. To them I say: I'm sorry. I can't help it. Now:

Blind Beggar Tori!

E get one blind man wen dey beg for one road junction. One smart guy waka meet d blind man. This guy drop 20naira 4 d blind man plate and collected 100naira change in d process thinking d blind man won't notice. As he turned to leave, the blind man laughed out loudly saying:

'Na wa ooo. See small boy wan cheat old man. When I dey ur age, na so i dey collect from where I nor sow. Na one man wen I collect from, na' em curse me. That's why I be beggar now. If u nor want that curse to follow you, come drop the 100naira sharp sharp.'

The guy replied: 'Bros, cool down na. Na we we na. Na me be d deaf and dumb for the next junction.'

Blind man: 'Ok co-worker. Nor worry. Carry go. That 100naira note na d counterfeit money one guy drop for me yesterday.'

No comments: