Sunday 20 January 2013

A word a day … (20-01-13)!



Prof Zini!
Back in school, I had a friend, fondly called Prof Zini. Zini was a bookworm extraordinaire. Anywhere and any time you see Zini, he’s always reading something. Then I would say, ‘Zini, so so read, you too read!’ In the class, in the hostel, you name it, you will find Zini reading. But guess what? On the day of the exams when many of us were carrying books and notes into the exam hall to read before the exams start proper, Zini came in with just his writing materials. He didn't take any other thing with him. He just sat down quietly waiting for the exam to start. As I was busy reading through some of my last minute jottings, I could not help but be amazed at Zini. I thought to myself, ‘Zini that reads all the time but on the day of the exam he felt he had read enough, it was time to deposit the stuff.’ I learnt a very vital lesson from my Prof Zini: there is a time for everything. There is a time to read and a time to be read. There is a time to read what others have said and written and there is a time for others to read what you've written. Kudos to him! You can learn a lot from people even when they are not aware of it!

No comments: