Tuesday 22 January 2013

A Joke a day keeps the doctor away! (22-01-13)



I remember the joke I once heard in school back in the days. Who am I? It's the joke of a young man who had written BK/CRS (Bible Knowledge/Christian Religious Studies) so many times without success. From experience he realized that there was one question that was often repeated, 'Critically analyze the life and times of John the Baptist.' So, for the next exams, he crammed everything about John the Baptist. But, alas on the exam day, the question was not what he expected, 'Critically analyze the life and times of Jesus Christ'. He was surprised but not out. He has to download the stuff he's crammed about John the Baptist. Being the smart guy that he was, he wrote, "Who am I to criticize our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ? I will rather criticize his servant John the Baptist..." So he went on pouring his stuff on John the Baptist. The first time I heard d joke, I laughed so hard. Hence, I remember that early morning in the theatre years ago when and where Dr Ehigiegba entertained us with that joke. I certainly don't remember the surgery or the stuff that went with it but I do remember that joke... On a serious note, as I go about my tasks, I ask myself this rhetorical question, 'Who am I?'

No comments: